Doctrinal Writer – Fort Sill, OK
Charles F. Day and Associates is seeking experienced candidates with proven field qualifications in anticipation of future Task Order Releases (TORs) to fulfill vacancies for the Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE) located at Fort Sill, OK.
SECRET Security Level clearance required
Summary: The Doctrine Writer prepares and edits doctrine for the United States Army Fire Center of Excellence (FCoE) School. The Doctrine Writer conducts research, and writes revisions to new or existing USAFCOEFS, TRADOC, DOD or DA doctrine, as well as other army regulations, documents and manuals.
- The doctrine writer works in conjunction with the senior instructors, and project leads to integrate new requirements into doctrinal tactics, techniques, and procedures manuals and ensures they are current, relevant and up to date operations in an Objective Force.
- The doctrine writer reviews existing and or Joint, Allied, Multi-Service and Army doctrine, lessons learned / after action reports and prepares revisions, and updates them after conducting thorough research and analysis of deployment operations in an Objective Force environment, from the individual soldier level through Theater Army. The Doctrine Writer uses independent thought to develop, write, and edit doctrine and publish it via paper publications, electronic, or web-based media.
- Must have active Secret security clearance.
- Completion of the captain’s career course, warrant officers advanced course, advanced noncommissioned officers course, or equivalent service school.
- Must have five (5) years experience in military branch unit operations, doctrine development, concept development, or force design/development. The military branch experience, (e.g., Field Artillery, Air Defense Artillery), should be in the field or area of expertise, (e.g., Survey, Meteorology, Avenger, Patriot, Early Warning) that the publications are written to address.
- Bachelors degree desired
- Knowledge and ability to use Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Able to manage and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communications skills both written and oral.
Send resume with cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com for immediate consideration.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.